November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Recovery Efforts

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving chock full of good food, good fellowship and memory making! We concluded our Thanksgiving festivities last night with our third and final -(thank goodness! I think I may start clucking!!) Thanksgiving dinner.
THANKSGIVING DINNER #1
We had our first Thanksgiving dinner early. We celebrated Thanksgiving with the Barfields' in Marianna the Monday before Thanksgiving. The Barfields'; that's David's girlfriend's family. They are super nice folks and their home was lovely. Their's is a rather large family and when you added our family, including my mother, there was a sizable crowd. It was nice spending some quality time and really getting to know them.
Helping with the crescent rolls
Getting ready to head out to Chipola for the Jazz concert immediately following dinner
THANKSGIVING DINNER #2
Then........Thursday, late morning, we were off to Graceville to partake of Thanksgiving feast number 2. We had this Thanksgiving dinner at the Miles'. This is the home of Jimmy's sister and her family. We always look forward to this dinner. It's good, old fashioned, down-home, the way "grandma" used to make it Thanksgiving dinner. The best food I've ever eaten since...........well............last year!! Melt in your mouth turkey, dressin' (not stuffing, but "dressin'", you know, that kind you can't even put a "g" on the end of!!), collard greens, turnip greens, butter beans, sweet potato souffle' (the kind with brown sugar and pecans on top~to die for - and dessert in itself!), potato salad, ham, corn, cornbread and rolls, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, sweet potato pie, pound cake, and blueberry delight! Wow, I feel fuller just talking about it.
Ok, enough of that. Here are a few shots from G-ville Thanksgiving................
The "men-folk" doing their outside thing
This is Jimmy's sister, Melissa and her family
Michael and his cousins, Kacy and Crystal
More "men-folk" stuff.
Jimmy and his brother-in-law, Eddie.
The Worleys' and the Miles'
THANKSGIVING DINNER #3
Yesterday evening we headed to our friends, The Eldridges', house. I took my homemade dressin', potato salad, baby limas, blueberry delight, cranberry sauce, chicken n' rice (mainly for Michael - he doesn't eat dressin'. Weird kid!), and a jug of sweet tea. When we arrived we added these items to their turkey, ham, mashed potatoes n' gravy, green beans, corn, deviled eggs, dinner rolls and chocolate cake. (Yeah, I'm starting to feel sick too.) I feel like we have eaten non-stop for three days. Everything was wonderful though. After eating our yummy dinner, we played Trivial Pursuit 80's edition. It was fun........but a lot harder than I expected it to be. (I guess the old girl's memory just ain't what it used to be!........who said that?!) Then the bad, no REALLY bad weather kicked in. The monsoons came! And there we were without an ark!
And......I must confess........by Thanksgiving dinner #3, I was, um, falling down on the job in the, uh, photo department. Sorry. I don't have any pictures to show you. I feel horrible about it! I really do. I'll try to do better in the future, I promise.
Hope your weekend is filled with, with...............everything NOT turkey!!!

No comments: