November 20, 2008

Bella & Gilligan

A while back I posted about my kitties, Bella and Gilligan and told you their story. (You can scroll down until you hit that post to see what they looked like when I brought them home. They were precious. And still are!) Well, I finally got around to taking a few shots of them so you could see what they look like today. They are SO much fun. They richly bless our lives with love and laughter.

This is Bella. She's a scaredy cat! Once she warms up to you, she's fine, but for some reason, the slightest little noise or even if you enter the room too quickly, she'll scurry away. I don't know why she does that?! She's also a GOOD hunter. She is forever bringing us gifts, right through the doggy door into the screened in back porch. In fact, just this past Monday, I kept hearing this screeching noise. My first thought was, "Oh, brother! She's caught another bird and brought it onto the back porch." So, I went out onto the back porch to see if I could help the little birdie escape and .....................right there HANGING on my screen was...........a............SQUIRREL!!! She dragged a healthy (scared slap to death) squirrel through the doggy door and released it (or he luckily got out of her teeth) inside my screened in porch! I hollered for Jimmy and Michael and they came running. They got Bella inside and closed the other doggy door so she wouldn't come back out onto the porch and I bravely made my way to the screen door closest to the poor squirrel. He came right towards me as I opened the door. I could hear the guys ( you know, my brave MEN that left me out there with a freaked out squirrel!!) inside laughing as I said, "If this ends up like National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and that thing jumps on my back you better be ready to see me go through the screen and off the deck in a dive!!!" They were rolling! But, no, the squirrel waited until I opened the door and he scurried across the screen, onto the door, across the door and then jumped onto the deck and through the lattice and shot into the woods. Mama saved the day!!!! Hurray!!!

Bella did not seem impressed. I'm sure she thought I had thrown away her gift! I just loved on her and told her I appreciated it but she was plenty for me and she didn't have to "get me anything!" hahaha.



This is Gilligan. He's our goofy male cat. He is hilarious and very playful. Lots of fun to have around. He's also more affectionate than Bella most of the time. Well, when it suits him. He thinks he's a dog and will even chase thrown toys just like a dog. Never a dull moment with him around.





And this is how they like to spend their DAYS. After a long night of prowling for gifts for Mama, they spend their days lying around being....................well.............cats. Oh, the life!

No comments: