November 13, 2008

NO Black Friday!

Last night was choir practice. The person that sits on the other side of me (not the one that tried to shake my hand and introduce himself) is a PHD. That's right, a very distinguished person with an important title..................She's a Professional Hair Dresser! Which, at this juncture in my life is of rather high importance. Now, let's proceed. She was not there this past Sunday, so she didn't get the joy of witnessing the unleashing of the "Black Beauty"! Well, at choir practice she just looked at me and with the sweetest smile said, "Who did that to you?" I just looked at her with that deer in the headlights look and she said, "Ahhh, You did it." I just nodded. She said, "Why didn't you come let me color your hair if you wanted it colored." I said, "In case you forgot...........I've been LAID OFF! Which adds up to..............NO MONEY!" She said, "You come be in my chair at 10:30 in the morning and don't bother to bring your purse." I couldn't believe my ears. The excitement of some hope for my horrid hair disaster!!!

She and her husband both work and they have four children. So, after choir practice, I ran two friends of Michael's home that he had invited to youth, then I swung by Wal-Mart and picked up a few items. I thought it would be a nice gesture to prepare a pot of my homemade chicken N' dumplings for her and her family so they could have a nice home cooked meal that she didn't have to prepare. I wanted to do this for her since she was being so generous to me in my time of NEED!!! When Michael and I got home, he reminded me that I promised to cut his hair, so I did that, THEN started cooking chicken n' dumplings. I got to bed about ten minutes til 1:00!! But it was SO worth it when I got her reaction. She seemed as touched as I was by her sweetness. It made my heart swell to know that our acts of Christian, sisterly love was not only pleasing to each other, but had to be pleasing to our Heavenly Father as well.

I was in her shop for 2 1/2 hours! My hair isn't BLACK anymore!!!! It's dark brown! Imagine that! And THAT, my friends, is why she is a PHD! (and I am SO not!) Anyway, I feel so much better and I wanted to share the outcome with you.



Hope each of you have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to congradulate you! What a wonderful friend you have! I must confess you look more like yourself.
Love ya, Becky

ebworley said...

I feel more like myself too!

And, it looks even better in person. It looks darker in the pictures than it actually is. I guess the camera not only adds 10 pounds but also two shades of darkness too.

I'm thankful for my sweet friend AND for YOU, Becky!