November 15, 2008

Homegrown Fall Beauty

Lots of folks I know head to the mountains at the beginning of Fall to see the changing of the leaves. In an earlier blog I divulged that Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. And for many years I have been enjoying the changing of the leaves right here in Washington County. No, we don't have any "mountains" but we DO have some awesome hills. One of my favorite, especially in the Fall, is Orange Hill.

Last Tuesday morning after I dropped Michael off at school, me, with my coffee in hand, and the Lord took a long leisurely ride out to the very top of Orange Hill. The colors were magnificent! I was SO glad I had my camera with me. I really let myself get deep into the awe and wonder of God's beautiful masterpiece. He was really blessing me that day. I spent hours (literally four) riding, talking with Him and accepting gift after gift as He unwrapped them for me. As I rode to the top of Orange Hill, the song "Country Roads" by John Denver came to mind and as I sang my solo and giggled in His presence I realized I was singing about West Virginia (as the song goes) so I changed those words to Chipley, Florida. It wasn't quite the same, but it made me giggle even more. The Lord and I had a really good time talking, singing and giggling that morning. The views were breathtaking and I thanked Him every time I stopped to snap a shot. I thanked Him for the variety of colors, I thanked Him for letting me live in such a beautiful place, I thanked Him for letting me have some "time off" to be able to partake of His wonders and spend lengthy quality time with Him. (Yes, I am diligently still looking for a job - but I will have you know that I am also thoroughly engulfing myself in the blessing He has been giving me each day I am without one too. I am giving thanks even in my unemployment! He told me to!)

So, without further ado, here are the pictures I took out on Orange Hill. I hope you enjoy them too. And, like I said in prior posts, photos do NOT do His artwork justice. Yes, the pictures are nice, but it does not compare to the personal gift of seeing it with your own eyes.

Livin' in high cotton


These are some I took "in town"

For this shot I got under the tree and took the picture looking straight up


These aren't changing leaves. I also took some shots of farm life and a tractor and a few barns. Mainly things that really caught my eye as part of the beautiful country experience.


Hope you enjoyed the journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!