October 13, 2008

My weekend...

Hello. I hope you had a good weekend. I sure did, but boy was it a busy one, AS USUAL! Any more, it seems, as fast as it's Friday, it's Monday again.

I always look forward to Fridays these days. It has become a regular tradition to go to my friend, Kim's house to "play" on Friday afternoons. Our friend, Nancy and her beautiful, lovable and funny children are usually there too and we all have a good time of fun and fellowship. Girls just wanna have fun!! And we certainly do. I cooked lunch for them this week. We had bacon, cream cheese n' chive pinwheels, "chickenwiches" (I'll have to explain and "show you" in another post, but I promise to do so!), and for dessert, chocolate crescents with powdered sugar! Yum, yum!! Maybe next time I can get some pictures while I'm making these and share the recipes.

Oh, well. Here are some pictures from the weekend. Hope you enjoy them.



I captured these on Friday afternoon. The sky was really daunting and ominous coming from Jackson County, I was glad to be headed toward the light, in Chipley. As I turned to look back, I saw this awesomeness in the sky and had to turn around and pull over. I was NOT about to let this get away. Totally amazing and beautiful. And it brought Ezekiel 1:28 to mind, and it says:

"Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I fell face down, and I heard the voice of one speaking."



How amazing! How awesome! In a sky that was so dark and threatening, God placed this rainbow, a thing of such hope and beauty. Just like this world we live in, which, on many days, can be dark and frightening, but He promises us that there is hope, HOPE IN HIM! So, if you ever wondered what is at the end of the rainbow, I think I know...............It's HIM! Worth more than any pot of gold, my friend! Search and ye shall find! Have you searched for Him today? Have you searched His word? Have you searched your heart? If not, I encourage you to do so. He's waiting for you!

Ok, so on to Saturday. My children and I were in Pensacola at the Florida Band Association's Marching Assessment. The Chipley High School Spirit of the Tiger Band did a fantastic job. They had to go first because CHS's very own band director, Richard Davenport, was to judge the rest of the shows that day. We went first and we did VERY well, receiving a SUPERIOR rating!!!










Go, Tiger Band!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving the rainbow. Awesome!!
Good for the Tiger band. That's great.

Anonymous said...

Looks like all in all the weekend was good!!!