October 17, 2008

It's finally among us...

Fall is my absolute FAVORITE time of year!






I like spring for the beautiful colorful flowers and the fresh greens of the grass and trees.







I like summer for it's vacation mode mentality, even though I have to work. I enjoy spending Saturdays at the beach with my family and friends.

















I like winter for cozying together with my family under blankets on the couch to watch movies and for hearty stews, soups and chili that become regular fare.








But............I LOVE FALL! I love the changing leaves. I loved the smell of burning leaves. I love wearing a sweatshirt and blue jeans to ball games. I love taking walks in the crisp air. I love making caramel apples. I love all the fall festivals, at church and downtown, and watching the kids plan their Halloween costumes. I love to see that big harvest moon in the evening sky. I love all the oranges, browns and yellows that adorn the outside and the inside, as I decorate my home. Fall is wonderful, don't you think?




What is your favorite season?


The seasons truly are a gift from our Heavenly Father:

Acts 14:17 says, "Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy."

Galatians 4:10 says, "You are observing special days and months and seasons and years!"

Ecclesiastes 31 says, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven"






Happy Fall Ya'll!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Fall to, the crisp weather, the leaves changing... well if you like farther north...
However, my Favorite is Spring, everything turning green.. new flowers, the weather getting warm and hopefully not hot yet, I love spring!

Anonymous said...

Bring on the winter months please!! Lovely pics!!