October 9, 2008

Meow!

I love cats.
I'm a cat person. I've always had a cat. Notice I said, "a" cat. I'm not a "cat lady" or anything, but I really like cats. I like their cool attitude. I like their disposition. I like their independence.
Cat's can be hilarious too.
I like watching a cat stalking something - that intense concentration as they crouch as low as they possibly can right before the..................POUNCE!


I also like the love and affection they give, of course, when it suits them!

Like I said, I've always had "a" cat. Never more than one at a time, until.....my dear beloved calico cat, Chloe passed last year. She was the BEST cat I EVER had. She was 15 years old. Chloe was a wonderful pet. She had the funniest personality. Well, to begin with, she thought she was a dog! She would chase my boys around the outside of the house. Around and around and around, pawing at their feet as they ran. She would also "fetch" her toys and bring them to you to throw again and again. She also loved table scraps. She would eat anything.....except collard greens! And, just like a dog, she was very protective of us. Every time we would go for a walk, she insisted on coming along. She would follow along several steps behind us griping and complaining the whole way, but stayed with us the entire walk, no matter how far we went. And she loved to play hide and seek! We could hide from her and then call her until she got close and then JUMP out and she would take off running. Then she would go hide and we would call her and call her and she wouldn't come and we'd go looking for her and when we got near to where she was hiding she would JUMP out at us! It was TOO funny. We would have regular hide and seek sessions that lasted, back and forth, for atleast half an hour at a time.
Oh, yeah, I remember I had a point when I started telling you about Chloe. So, when Chloe passed away, I went to the vets office to see if anyone had any free kittens that needed a good home. The Lord blessed us double that day. Someone had dropped off a mama cat with her whole litter. All the kittens had been given away except the mama and two of the kittens. The vet said he'd go ahead and "fix" them for me if I'd take both kittens, so I agreed. (Side note: we ALWAYS have our animals fixed at 6 months! It's the responsible thing to do) We ended up with a brother and sister combo. My husband named the white male Gilligan and I named the black and white female Bella. They have been wonderful pets. No other cat could ever replace my precious Chloe, but Gilligan and Bella have been a very sweet addition to our family and they have helped to fill that void. Here are some pictures from when they were kittens. They turned a year old this month.






Are there any of God's creatures that you particularly enjoy? I know lots of "dog" people and a few "horse" people even. So, share your love of animals. I'd like to hear your "pet" stories.























6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your web site from Pioneer Woman. I like cats too, one at a time and I like your site. I now have a gray tiger and she is a Big Beautiful Babe. Thanks for your site.

ebworley said...

Glad you enjoyed my post, Anne. I hope you'll visit my blog regularly.

Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Love this post. I love cats too but with two dogs I can't have them right now.

Anonymous said...

Hey, is this the cats that come from the vet's office were I worked? If so they have grown and are absolutley darling...Hope to see you one day soon

ebworley said...

Yes, Hannah! These are those kittens. They are completely grown now and we love them so much. I'll have to take some current pics and share them here. Check back soon. Glad you found my blog! Keep checking back regularly.

Anonymous said...

I will be checking everday, and I am also glad I found it!!