March 1, 2009

Learning to tote my camera

For the longest time I have wanted a "big girl" camera. I have always enjoyed taking pictures and I love looking at pictures. I enjoy nature pictures but my absolute favorite pictures are pictures of "LIFE". Just plain old, every day, run of the mill, what happens in real life....pictures. For example; an old farmer on a tractor in his field, a lady working in her garden, a child playing on a swing set, a young couple hand in hand on the beach. Things like that.

I finally got the "big girl" camera! It's not the biggest, it's not the best, but it IS a really good start. Now, I just have to learn to carry it with me everywhere I go. That's how you capture pictures of "LIFE". On any given day, one can capture life. It's everywhere you look. It's in the park, it's in the sky, it's on the farm, it's in the city, it's, well, everywhere!

I will be sharing with you these "life" photos as I take them. I hope you will enjoy and appreciate them as much as I do. It's amazing, when you look around at "life", how very blessed you are to be a part of it. The awesomeness our Lord provides on a daily basis for each of us to behold. And to acknowledge each vision as a gift from Him. There are so many reasons to praise Him!
Here are some shots I took of my oldest son's girlfriend at the park the other day. She is so much fun. No, they are not anything fancy. Just fun. And no, they are not pictures of a stranger randomly taken in a park. We staged them, but they are fun, none the less.
























As you can see..........it was a very exhausting afternoon!
And in honor of my Irish heritage, I will be leaving you with an Irish Blessing at the end of every post this month. Good day!
May your troubles be less
May your blessings be more
And nothing but happiness
Come through your door

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got a big girl camera. If anyone deserves one it is you. Have fun with it!!

Anonymous said...

congrats on your "big girl camera" I would love to have one too...

ebworley said...

Thanks, K! I am having SO much fun. I learn a little more each time I use it. Thanks for helping me out and supporting me.

Babychick, you hold out! You'll get one one day and you will LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

So nice to see you blog again.
I checked it earlier today and EVERYTHING was gone but the shell. Did you purge the old stuff??
You see I did come back tho'
I really enjoy relaxing imagining you relaxing with your camera.
Give thanks God had given you this "time off" to explorer your talents and glorify Him.
Love you!!

ebworley said...

Hmmm, Jody. That's weird what you say about my blog. I actually blogged this one last night, so I don't know why nothing was there?! I'm just glad it's back. I never knew it was gone, so I didn't miss it. I'm flattered YOU did though.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi sis, loving your blogs! When did Haley cut her hair? It looks cute. Nice job on the photo taking!
Love ya, B.B.