March 7, 2009

A day at the beach Part 4

Jimmy and I each had our own agenda for the beach that day. Yes, we went together and we were there together, but we enjoyed our own personal time and space while we were there too, and that was nice.

I was there to shoot some awesome pictures. The beach is my absolute favorite place in the world to be. It is my serenity. I love the beach in the winter just as much as I love it in the summer. I have no problem finding God there. Actually, being at the beach and looking out over the ocean reminds me of just how big God is. I look as far out as I can and just like Him, there is no end to it. That is very comforting to me. And while I look on His vastness, I feel Him beside me as the warm breezes brush my cheek. So, along with His beautiful art display, you can see why I marvel at the beach. It's just where we meet, He and I.
Come on, I'll show you what I found and what he found that day.........
Ah! Serenity now!



This is another shot of the vacated home I showed you earlier. I thought this would show you better, the actual size of the creature's abandoned home. It was a beautiful shell and completely still in tact. All except the tenant.

This was an awesome plane that happened by. I wish I had a bigger lens so I could have really zoomed in. This thing was ENORMOUS! It looked like something out of WWII!



Jimmy was there to use his metal detector. He enjoys that toy very much. He gets excited thinking that maybe, just maybe, he's going to find something worth a million bucks. (Believe me, I wish he would too, but we both know....................that's probably not gonna happen!) He has fun with it none the less. And at the end of the day, that's really all that matters.





And the yield of his efforts............... 14 cents

.......a metal headband with rhinestones! (yippee)
Hope you enjoyed today's entry. There's still a little more. Come back tomorrow for the conclusion to our day at the beach. One of my favorite beach elements is still to come. I was saving it until last.

And here is your Irish Blessing for today:
A happy, generous nature, a friendly spirit too
These are the gifts God has surely given you
And may every day to come bring a generous part
Of all the happy things in life that keep joy in your heart

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!
I wish I could go to the beach now.
Can we get away together??

ebworley said...

I think Daytona Beach may be a little closer for you, but if you want to run away for the weekend and come up this way, we could definately head to PC beach! The weather is PERFECT for it today. Wish you were here, Bro.!!

Anonymous said...

I wondered what he found....14 cents, huh? You buying lunch next week and can I borrow the headband?

Isn't it good to know where our real treasure is?

ebworley said...

K, I'll be glad to share a stick of gum with you. I think that's about all that would buy! haha.
The headband is yours! I'll bring it to you. I'm sure you'll look smashing in it! I hope it'll go with whatever you're wearing to church tomorrow! hahaha!

Love you much and glad to know we'll be sharing our heavenly treasures!