March 4, 2009

Our day at the beach

One day last week, Jimmy and I got to spend the whole day together. We decided to take a day trip to the beach. It was a weekday, which means.......most folks were at work and we pretty much had the beach to ourselves. It was a lovely day. It was a little cool and the wind was rather busy, but it was a wonderful day, none the less. We headed to the public pier. You know, where Pier Park is. It is just awesome what they have done with that. I remember what it used to look like and BOY is it an improvement.

We parked at Public Access #57.
They are still making renovations on the beach though. And here's a shot of them working on the actual pier. It was neat to watch them pick up complete sections of the old pier and haul them away. I know it's going to be wonderful when it's finished. I can hardly wait to see the end product.


Jimmy and I each had our own agenda at the beach. But you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what those were. Today's post is more about what we saw when we first got there.
Then we saw this guy. He was out there all by himself fishing from shore. Now, I think this must be the most boring thing I've ever seen. But, Jimmy assured me that the man was loving being it. I don't get it?! He never caught one fish the whole 2 hours we were there?! Hmmm. I guess that's kind of like having a pocketbook full of money and not finding one single thing at the mall. Like I said, "WEIRD!" ha!
Then.................I saw them! All these ONE LEGGED sea gulls dotting the beach! They were everywhere. They were here, they were there, they were.....................wait a minute. That one, like all the rest, only had one leg a minute ago, now he's walking away. Ohhhhh, I get it, they are Panama City flamingos!!! hahaha! No, these fellas were trying to keep one leg at a time warm.
OK, more fun photos and another chapter of our beach story tomorrow. Hope you'll return.
Oh, and here's your Irish Blessing for today's post:
May you always have these blessings
A soft breeze when summer comes
A warm fireside in winter
And always the warm, soft smile of a friend

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're about crazy!!

ebworley said...

K........you sound surprised!!