January 29, 2009

There's Just Something About That Name

I'm starting you out with a video. The quality isn't that great, so you might want to do like I did and just close your eyes and listen and really let the words and music settle into your mind and heart.
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=49de636f2e6896f39d35

There truly IS just something about "that" name. HIS name. Jesus. But that is, by far, not His only name. He is so very much more. I can think of so many other names for Him. As I go through my day, as I pray at night, as I make my requests known to Him, as I pray for others, as I tell others about Him - I realize just who He is to me.

Leave me a comment and let me know if you have another name for Him that is special to you or that He is to you that I didn't name. I'd love to hear it, just like I love to hear His name, Jesus!

Here's my list:

Healer (Psalm 103:3) My Shield (Psalm 144:2)
Spirit of Truth (John 16:13) Restorer (Psalm 23:3)
Redeemer (Isaiah 59:20) Helper (Hebrews 13:6)
Refuge from the Storm (Isaiah 25:4) Everlasting Father (Isaiah 9:6)
Deliverer (Psalm 70:5) The Lord Who Heals (Exodus 15:26)
Eternal Life (1John 5:20) Love (1John 4:16)
My Strength (Psalm 43:2) Wonderful Counselor (Isaiah 9:6)
The Lord Who Provides (Genesis 22:14) Mediator (1 Timothy 2:5-6)
Shelter (Joel 3:16) Hope (Psalm 71:5)
Lord of Peace (2Thessalonians 3:16) Stonghold (Nahum 1:7)
Friend (John 15:15) God of Comfort (Romans 15:5)
Living Water (John 4:10) Bread of Life (John 6:35)
Advocate (1 John 2:1) Strong Tower (Proverbs 18:10)
Hiding Place (Psalm 32:7) Everlasting Light (Isaiah 60:20)

And one of my all time favorite and most comforting - Resting Place (Jeremiah 50:6)

If you will take time to really think about each of these names as you read over them and really think about Him being this for you, you will be amazed at just how present He really is in your life. He is.......... He said so. He said, "I AM". And I believe that with all my heart. He is....all these things to me. And I couldn't make it through life without Him as each and every one of these names I call Him. I am so thankful for who He is in my daily life.

So, are there any names you have for Him? What and Who is He for you and in your life?

Here is a parting gift to you as well. Sit back, take it all in and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5i2pELpqBg&feature=PlayList&p=FEA2D089D3E05D6D&index=0&playnext=1

4 comments:

Secret Pal said...

Hey,
How about "Papa" like in
THE SHACK! I love the intimacy in that term of endearment...
Awesome book, by the way, highly recommended to those who haven't read it...It really put some things in perspective for me.

Love your blog...your inner peace, HIS peace, really shines out to those of us who read it!

ebworley said...

The Shack was an awesome book! I read it twice....in a row! I just didn't want it to end, so I read it again! And yes, I've called Him Daddy on more than one occassion, myself.

Thanks for stopping by, Secret Pal!

Anonymous said...

Hello my beautiful philosopher and theologian! Glad you are keeping up the encouraging words. Love B.B.

ebworley said...

Thanks for stopping by, B.B.!

Glad you could benefit from the message.