January 11, 2009

Wedding Day Sight Seeing....

Saturday morning we all got up and headed down for our continental breakfast. It was pretty good. They even had a waffle iron and batter and you could make your own waffles! Haley made waffles for all of us! They were very yummy. They had fresh fruit, a couple of different kinds of juice, coffee, hot tea, oatmeal, dry cereals, bagels, sausage, a variety of danishes, and muffins. It was a nice start to a wonderful day.
Our first excursion was to the High Bridge Park. On the way there, we kind of got turned around a little but I still got some neat shots of where we first ended up. Here, this is what we found off the beaten path. I just thought these were some good photos.




I don't know what this used to be, but it was enormous!! Oh, I wish you could have seen it!


OK, so then we got back on track and headed down the right road to the High Bridge Park.


Once inside the park, you walk out onto this:


Once you reach the end, down there, THIS is what you'll see:

Then to the left:

Then a little more to the right:


The view was breathtaking! These photos do the view NO justice! This water is the Kentucky River. Personally, I think they should call it Gatorade River. Well, it looks just like Gatorade!

Then, to the right:
Oh, hey. Yeah, "CHEESE"! OK, now move! I'm trying to take pictures!!! (Just kidding!)

Now, then to the right............
OH, MY!!! It's nearly NOON! The wedding starts at 2:00! There are 3 of us girls having to get ready for the wedding!
So, we hurried back to the room and started primping.
See ya'll tomorrow, at the wedding! (I know, I've held ya'll off yet another day!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for adding to the Wedding build up!!
Love you

ebworley said...

As for the BIG reveal............

Wait for it, wait for it..........

Anonymous said...

I love the old building. What a great place to get some pictures.

Great pictures!! You are doing good!

ebworley said...

Yeah, K! When I saw that big old building I thought of YOU! I knew you would have shot some great pictures of it. Wish you could have been there with us!

I thought it would look cool in sepia too.