January 8, 2009

Kentucky Road Trip Part 3 The Rehearsal Dinner

It's a good thing we made good time. We had just enough time to stop by our "place" to freshen up before heading to the rehearsal dinner. We had about 15 minutes to spare. So, we finally got there and.......................
Everyone was lining up for dinner. It was buffet style. Everything was yummy. We had ham, turkey, scalloped potatoes, baked beans, broccoli casserole, rolls, and cherry cobbler. Not too shabby!
It was nice to mingle and get to meet all of Abby's family. Oh, yeah, by the way......Abby is the bride. She and her family are all SO very nice. Her father is a Hebrew professor at Asbury college. The rehearsal dinner was held at one of the student halls and we stayed in a townhouse on campus and the wedding was held in one of the chapels on campus. It was all very nice.
OK, back to the rehearsal dinner. Come on, I'd like to introduce you to some folks.............
This is my brother, Joe (we call him Jody) and my sister-in-law, Becky. (Jason's parents)


I think everyone reading this probably already knows who these adorable people are!!! But, just in case....it's me and Jimmy.


A shot of me and my brutha.............
And me and my mutha.........
Here's one of the cousins. Jason and David and their ladies!

This is Jody, Becky and the bride's mother.
Me and Becky, sharin' the love........


Two of the most important men in my life!! (Gush, gush!!)
OK, now for some after dinner shots.........
This is Abby with her maid of honor and brides maids. Abby is the one in the middle with the gray sweater on. Her maid of honor is the redhead on the far left side. The two women on the far right are the bride's sisters.
This is Jason and his groomsmen. His dad, Jody, my brother, is his best man. He was busy running around and missed out on these photos! All these fellas, except the far right one, are his college baseball teammates. (I think)
And this is the guys being................well............"the guys"!


See ya'll tomorrow at the wedding!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun to see y'all having fun!!
I've already talked with your mom and she was so-o-o-o-o glad that she was in on everything.
Love ya bunches, babe.

ebworley said...

Love you back MORE!! Would have been perfect if you could have been there!

You are precious to me, Aunt Cereal!

Anonymous said...

Hey El, I'm so glad you took the time to document all the joy! What happened to my "thin angle"? Thank you so much! We really had us a good time.

Love ya , Becky

ebworley said...

Keep checking back, Becky. There's more to come!

We all DID have a really great time. Wish we could have stayed longer!