August 7, 2009

The Weekend...........FINALLY

Have you ever just had one of those weeks that is 2 weeks long?! That's the kind of week I had. I am so glad it's Friday, I can hardly stand myself. Only trouble is, I've been looking forward to the weekend so much, for several reasons, that I know it's going to fly by. THAT makes me sad. But I'm not going to let the thoughts of Monday rob the joy from Saturday and Sunday!

The weekend is off to a wonderful start. Jimmy, Michael and I shelled fresh shrimp and fried them to go with baked potatoes. Yummy! There's just something about hard work that makes what you prepare taste even better. The shrimp were fabulous!

Tomorrow I have a hair appointment. Been looking forward to that. It's so nice to be pampered for a little while and come away looking fresh and new! WooHoo! And I was smart and made my appointment for noon, so I can enjoy sleeping in. I'll have time to leisurely sip my coffee and read my devotional on my back porch with the ceiling fan going while sitting in my rocker. Humming birds-a-plenty are always buzzing to and from the feeder hanging from the pole on the deck and the birdy chorus along with the frog back up singers is joyful music to my ears in the mornings. So, yeah, I'm looking forward to that too.

Then when I get home, I'll get to play with my early birthday present!!! My wonderful brother, mother and oldest son went in together and purchased Photo Shop for me! YES!!!! I am SO excited! I will be spending the afternoon loading it on my PC and learning all about it. I can't wait!

Then Sunday: early church, Sunday school, choir for 11:00 worship service and then rush home to change and cook a nice big family dinner. David and Haley will be coming for dinner. I love it when my whole family gets together. Good times! We'll probably end up playing games and watching a movie. We love to all pile up on the couch under the throws and watch movies. How fun.

And just like that, it'll be Monday...............again.

And that's all I got to say about that.

May God truly bless your weekend.

2 comments:

Jody said...

What a wonderful update!
Thanks so much for sharing your life.
I feel like I'm there with you and I really wish I was.
Love you lots,...,

Sylvia said...

... and a very Happy B-day all year long!! ... love ya bunches.