August 25, 2009

Road Trip!

I had to go to Blakely, GA again today for some more training. I went last week and saw some really beautiful scenery and wished that I had my camera. I went prepared today! Here are a few things I saw upaire in Georgie!

I love churches. They are just beautiful to me. I really enjoy photographing churches of all sizes, shapes, styles and denominations. I especially love steeples. And the sky today couldn't have been a more perfect backdrop.

This train caught my eye on the way into Georgia this morning. It was an actual steam locomotive! Too cool! I hate that I didn't get the engine car. Sorry.

This is the Early County Court House. Very beautiful with strong character. It was neat hearing all about some of the history behind it. I dig stuff like that!


That is actually a functional wind vain that was placed there by a relative of one of my new Blakely friends!

This is an old covered bridge. It's not drivable anymore, but it sure is neat to look at.

I took this shot at the boat ramp. I just love the bright crisp greens. Won't be long before I'll need to go back and shoot it again to capture the oranges, reds and browns! Keep a look out for that update. I'm sure it will be gorgeous!

This was a special memorial to all the men and women from Blakely that served in the United States military.

There was plenty of beautiful country roads to enjoy throughout my journey today. It's so peaceful to travel those hills.

And THIS, is the Bank of Early, where I spent the day. The folks there are so great. I have really enjoyed getting to know them all. They are a great bunch to work with and I can't wait until I get to go back again!


I thought I would leave you with this serene last shot of the creek that was under the covered bridge. I wish you could hear the babbling waters as they flowed. I could have pulled up a lawn chair and stayed a while. It was absolutely wonderful.



Well, I hope you enjoyed your little virtual tour of my day.
God Bless!

3 comments:

Jody said...

Hey,...,It's me again, Ethel
Nice shots. Thanks for sharing your trip to GA.

ebworley said...

Glad you enjoyed them. Thanks for SAYING so!!

Love you.

photochick said...

I have a dear friend in Blakely that I haven't seen in many moons. It must be a great place to live to foster such nice people!

Thanks for commenting on my photos on sevenchicks too!