August 24, 2009

Backed up and bogged down........

..........there's just GOT to be a better way!

I've been thinking about all the pictures I've been wanting to share here on my blog and then I think of the hundreds of other things I need to do too. I have decided to make exercise a priority in my life, so as I went for my walk this afternoon, I tried to organize things in my mind. I know that it all comes down to planning and sticking to the plan. So, I have decided that I will designate 60 minutes a day to the computer in the evening. This time block will include as much as I can/need to accomplish but only within that 60 minutes. In that time frame I can check and respond to emails, post to my blog, edit pictures from photo shoots, upload pictures to my Shutterfly, watch YouTube videos, Google, or whatever comes along. Paying bills, mind you, does NOT fit into this category; THANK GOODNESS!

OK, so as to not feel so overwhelmed by the months of pictures I've yet to post here, I'm going to summarize (or should I say "summer-ize" hahaha!) the summer for you all in this post. Hold on to your hat.

And...............away we go:

Back in the spring of '04 (not really, it just seems like it! It was actually the beginning of summer. Yes! THIS one!) we took a little mini vacation to Eufaula, Alabama. It was beautiful, lovely and relaxing. Here's some photos of what we saw there.
This was my view from the deck off the back of the cabin we stayed in.
Sunrise.


I sat out there on that deck every morning all by myself in the solitude, having coffee with my devotional and a nice long, leisurely visit with Him. Very, very peaceful.


Here are a couple of shots from inside one of the mansions in the historic district. They have a couple of museums with very rich history and curators are at each museum to tell you about the era, the original owners and answer any questions you might have.




Alright. That was June. Now on to July.

July was a HUGE month for the Worley family. I don't mean big OR large. I mean HUGE!!!

In the middle of July, David turned 21! WooHoo! Yeah, that's a biggy. Here are a few shots from his surprise 21st Birthday party.









Then at the end of July.......................David & Haley got engaged!!

He did it, and he did it well. He proposed in front of Cinderella's Castle at Disney World. She was totally suprised. And quite happy, I might add.

OK, that should pretty much catch you up. I have LOTS more photos to share, but that'll have to come another day. My hour here is up.
Coming soon:
More shots from Eufaula
The cutest babies ever
David & Haley's first shoot (after the engagement)
From pageant gowns and winning crowns to cowboy boots and tractor roots
Ya'll come back now...................ya hear!

2 comments:

Jody said...

GREAT job on the blog!!
I'm glad you figured out that time is an asset and you must manage it wisely. Remember, you were unemployed when you were in your "blog heyday" and had plenty of time to devote to it. That was then, now is now! God has moved you to the next phase of your life! Hang on tight!! In learning to manage your time you will figure out what is "really" important and what will only come along once and you must give it your time NOW!! Sometimes that means dropping what was "your plan" and bowing a knee to God's plan. Don't be afraid take the path God has laid before you. It will ALWAYS be the memories you will enjoy the most.
P.S. You never commented on my comment on your previous post!!

ebworley said...

Glad you enjoyed this post.

I'm off to complete the 30 mintes I have left.

Perhaps another post!?!

It could happen!