February 16, 2009

Faith

I know that many of you who read my blog know of the trials I have been encountering for the past four months. First of all, I never thought I would be directly affected by the state of our nation's economic crisis. Secondly, I certainly never thought I would have yet to find a full time job. I have searched diligently, and still..................nothing. But, amazingly to myself and others, I still have a peace within me. I know my current situation would throw many into a deep depression, and yet, here I am today, four months into a trying situation, still praising my Lord and Savior. I praise Him for who He is. I praise Him for what He's done for me throughout my life and throughout my situation. I praise Him for all the others who have been blessed by my faith in Him. What I am going through is very uncomfortable, but I know that He is using me to encourage others. I want my life to be a testimony to those who are going through the same thing. I want others to know, they too, can count on Him to sustain them, just as He sustains me. Sure, I would like for my situation to be different, but more than that, I still want to be in the middle of His will for my life, even if that means employed part time. We are learning to trust Him more through all of this. Maybe that's the lesson He has for us in it. He has provided "just" what we need as we need it for the past four months and I know we can trust Him to continue to take care of us.

So, today I searched my Bible looking for encouragement regarding faith. This is what I found...

Faith is defined in a practical way in Hebrews 11:1: "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." The writer of Hebrews illustrates those who took God at His word and had faith in what He said.

What exactly is faith? It is confidence. It is believing. It is trusting. The importance of having faith to believe can hardly be overstated: "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him", says Hebrews 11:6. 2 Chronicles 20:20 tells us to "........Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld....."

How can we, no matter what our circumstances, not show faith in a God that is so faithful? The evidence of His faithfulness surrounds me in my everyday life. It is obvious to me in even the smallest things from day to day. And I find such joy in sharing it with others.

I know that others are being blessed by Him through me (which in turn blesses me like you wouldn't believe!) and I am willing to go wherever He leads me to further His kingdom. If seeing my reactions to my trials blesses someone else and/or brings them to Him, it is all worth it and my uncomfortableness is not in vain. To God be the glory! Forever and ever, Amen!

And I leave you with this:

For great is His love for us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord.
Psalm 117:2

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=92ac1e43b57340fd30d8

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Baby Sis,
What a great message!!
Can we THANK God for our trials??
You bet we can!!
We belong to Him and He is the potter to mold us in ways that are pleasing to Him.
Just think of Our Lord admiring His handy work!!
What a vision!!
I Love You!!
Jody

ebworley said...

Amen and Amen!

Guess what? said...

We are praying for you and we know that our God will provide. I wish the waiting were over and that you had that job you need...but look at what a shinning light you've been BECAUSE of this. Love, B.B.

ebworley said...

Thanks, B, for all your love and support. I'm so glad to call you Sister!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the day with you yesterday...and I enjoyed reading this. Girl, you have many God given talents.

Love you!!