December 27, 2008

Anything but dressing and ham!!!

Well, last night we had our last "official" Christmas dinner. Ham, dressing, giblet gravy, cranberry sauce, collard greens, fried okra, crescent rolls, pecan pie.............the works. OK, it's "official" alright........I am SICK of this type of food. Bleckh!

When I got home from work tonight I fixed me a grape tomato, cucumber and celery salad with balsamic vinaigrette and a bowl of green grapes and a celery stalk with peanut butter for dessert! Ah.......... light and refreshing! I feel MUCH better now.

I've been thinking about how "bad" I have been since my "relapse" at Thanksgiving, you know, the one where you give in to the "holiday" and just, well...........GO FOR IT! I know, that's so wrong and not good. I know that gluttony is a sin. And yet, I went there...........again. Yes, I am ashamed. Surprisingly enough, from Thanksgiving through Christmas and all the feasts in between, I only gained about 6 pounds. I need to lose 50, mind you, but I was rather relieved to only be 6 more pounds to the positive.

I have decided that there is no time like the present and I am choosing to not wait until my new year's resolution list on January 1st to kick this new lifestyle off. Today is a perfect day. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I've started.......................Today!

So, for all of you out there reading this who know exactly where I'm coming from as I sit here trying to pump myself full of enthusiasm, I just want to say....................Thanks for always loving me just the way I am! I love you all back SO much! But, today (anyway!) I am choosing to, well, just do a little better.

Here's to the new year that I pray will be full of blessings for us all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you get 73 you will find the power to not eat just to be able to enjoy life.

Bev and I have been on a diet for a year now and I have lost 25 lbs. and vowed to loose one more pound by Janusry 1.

Just no bread or deserts. when everyone else is having a desert 'Have a cup of black coffee with them' It works ~ Just make up your mind that you want them to see Christ in You and all things are possible.

Love Hugh

ebworley said...

Thanks for the tip Unk Hugh! I will try it! However, I DO plan on having a small piece of wedding cake! It's a must, I'm afraid.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey El,
Your last holiday dinner sounds just like what we had!!
Whats the odds of that???
Love Jody

ebworley said...

Jody,

You're SO silly! I'm glad ya'll were here to share that dinner. It was rather delish, wasn't it?!

Hugs and see you in two days!!!

WooHoo!