April 14, 2009

General Information

I can't believe it's been so long since I last blogged. I'm still trying to settle into my new life schedule. Things have certainly changed with my new job. I am, however, LOVING my new job. My co-workers are wonderful Christian people and I am learning so much. I actually look forward to going to work every day. And that, is how a career should be. God has blessed me beyond my highest expectation. I never doubted He would. He provides everything we need in His perfect time.

I've had a couple of photo opportunities since my last entry. I will post some pictures with my next entry. I did some "head shots" for the first time. I shot a contestant for the Ms. Jackson County pageant. I think they turned out pretty good for my first time doing that. I wasn't quite sure what I was doing. When you take head shots, it seems like you're just taking the same picture over and over and over, but they actually did turn out slightly different and there were many to choose from. You'll see when I post them. It may be Saturday before I can do that, but I promise I will.

I've gone back hardcore on my dieting............................again. I'm doing low fat, low carb, low calorie and no caffeine. So, I'm pretty much existing on pine cones and water. No, not really. I'm doing ok. Lots of water, plenty of green vegies and severely cutting back on my fat and sugar intake. I started this past Saturday and today is Tuesday. I've lost 3 pounds so far. I know.....baby steps, slow and steady wins the race, and all such junk.

Easter was wonderful and strange all at the same time. With me starting my new job and practicing like a crazy person for our choir Easter specials, the days came and went so fast that I failed to even get out the first Easter decoration. That's just not me. I decorate for EVERY holiday and so far this year.....................nothin'! The months are flying by. Maybe I should have just left my Christmas tree up. It'll be Christmas again in a few weeks! Or so it will seem. The choir sang for all three services. It was so wonderful and the message was great, as usual. Bro. Mike never dissappoints. He is truly a man of God. After church we had a nice family dinner. We hadn't planned on company, but ended up feeding around 12 folks, as friends stopped by and had a bite with us. The more the merrier. All are welcome at my house! We had a nice afternoon of loving fellowship.

And for some reason, over the past week or so, every time I would try to mention Easter I would say Thanksgiving! I think I may have subconsciously been calling it by it's correct name. I know that I am more thankful for what my Lord and Savior sacrificed for me than any turkey or what the Indians may have contributed. The Lord has blessed my life so richly. He is my Abba Father. He sustains me. He loves me unconditionally. He paid it all. I owe Him everything. I give Him all the praise and glory and this is my Thanks giving!

I pray the remainder of your week be easy and blessed and I will post again soon.

God Bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to see you back... I was checking everyday and....nothing...You are right, we need to really try to slow down and appreciate every day for they pass so quickly! Love you much! Carol

Jody said...

Yeah,...,You're back!!!
I've checked often even tho I was in the last two weeks of tax season!!

I Love You and look forward to you sharing yourself with all of us!

Bring It On!!

Jody