July 17, 2009

Architectural Detail

I don't know why, but lately I have really been "diggin' " architectural details. I seem to notice it everywhere I go. I don't know why my eye is drawn to the beauty of it's detail, but it is.

Come have a look at what I mean.

This, of course, is The Russ House in Marianna. I took this shot several months ago. As I was leaving a photo shoot, I turned to tell my subject good bye when I noticed the way the sun shown through this beautiful historic dwelling. Knowing the setting sun would be gone in a matter of minutes, I snatched my camera back out of it's resting place and snapped these two shots.



I just thought it was so beautiful. The way the rays cast their shadows was mesmerizing. Completely stunning. When my eyes behold such beauty, I know it is a direct gift from my Father. Thank you, Lord for my sight!



Then there are these. This is a mansion in Eufaula Alabama. It is on a tour of antique mansions there. As we are only talking about architectural detail today, you'll have to wait to see the inside of this masterpiece another day. I almost have those pictures ready and promise to blog them soon. But for now, let's get back to the outside beauty of this "home", shall we?!



The columns were magnificent. I wish you could see the size of this place with your own eyes. The magnitude was breathtaking.




This little sun room off of one side was so cozy. I would love to spend some quality time here with a good book.








It's cool how the same subject can take on a completely new appearance just by the angle it is shot. It just adds interest.






I hope you have enjoyed the outside of this grand home. I will bring you the inside in the VERY near future!
God Bless and have a wonderful, restful and worshipful weekend!

1 comment:

Jody said...

Great shots!
I love the arch. from the past also. What wonderful craftsmanship went into those old homes.
Thanks for sharing your photos.